Hang on to your caps, folks, the Captain is back in a capsized edition designed to tease—Volume III in our hilarious 4-volume series.
Captain Cap: The Antifilter & Other Inventions by Alphonse Allais, translated and illustrated by Doug Skinner. This literary landmark is the first publication in English featuring Allais’s hilarious, booze-cruising captain of the high seas—the unthinkably unsinkable Captain Cap.
Over 100, profusely illustrated pages, The Antifilter is packed with strange, pataphysical inventions, quirky cons, cocktails, wordplay and absurd pranks. In short, it’s a feast for landlubbers and lover’s of French lit & humor.
- a new way to give microbes what they deserve
- a successful ascension, without a craft
- a machine that travels 234 kilometers an hour
- the secret of a truly modern house
- the art of shoeing horses on the Australian pampas
- a strange theory on the formation of coal
and much, much more!
110 pages, perfect-bound. Limited to 125 copies. $21.50
CLICK HERE and climb aboard.